A dog with a kind heart and in need of a pal

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! Jul 21, 2019

A dog with a kind heart and in need of a pal

This sweet little girl came to ARK a long time ago and, for no good reason, she's still at the shelter. It seems she has simply been overlooked. Her name Makeup and, though it may seem odd at first, it actually describes her incredibly forgiving ...

A quiet kitty looking for better days

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! Jul 14, 2019

A quiet kitty looking for better days

It took a long time for this cat to show his incredibly photogenic side, but sadly, Marumaru has had nearly two years to get used to his no-longer-new surroundings. The green-eyed beauty came to ARK when his owner went into assisted living and the triple ...

Cuddle up with a Totoro of your own

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! Jul 7, 2019

Cuddle up with a Totoro of your own

This beautiful Japanese spitz is as charming and adorable as he looks. As if that weren't enough, his name is Totoro, after the famous anime character, the friendly spirit of the forest. This Totoro came to ARK last December when his elderly owner could no ...

The cool cat bound to make your home stylish

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! Jun 30, 2019

The cool cat bound to make your home stylish

Kenzo is a 4-year-old ginger tabby who was found roaming the streets alone. He's a dapper peaches-and-cream beauty who is sure to turn heads, though for the moment his only runway is a makeshift catwalk in his shelter pen. It's certainly no place to wow ...

This canine Christmas is joyful in any season

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! Jun 16, 2019

This canine Christmas is joyful in any season

It's nearly summer and though June's not the usual time for thinking of Christmas, we have some for you. It comes in the shape of a golden retriever mix who's friendly, gentle, healthy and a perfect compact size at only 19 kilograms. And, he's ...

Two feline friends looking for someone to love them

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! Jun 12, 2019

Two feline friends looking for someone to love them

It's said that in all relationships, there's one side needs the other more. Looking at the odd pairing of 3-year-old Nick and the 4-year-old Raming, it's crystal clear who the needier feline is: It's Raming. Though they both came to the shelter as kittens, their ...

An Akita dog finds her pack

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! May 26, 2019

An Akita dog finds her pack

The big, beautiful Capella, an Akita dog who has been rechristened "Sumi," was first featured here in February 2018. She has now been adopted and lives in Kanagawa with Mika Iwamoto; her husband, Setsuo; and their other two dogs, Sena and Saku. Until coming to ...

Sue is looking forward to sunny days

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! May 8, 2019

Sue is looking forward to sunny days

It was a rainy August day in 2017 when Sue was found. She was just a kitten and terrified of people, but her rescuer was able to bring her to ARK. Sue was so timid she wouldn't let anyone near her. Nearly two years ...