A dog that's keen to share his joy

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! May 24, 2020

A dog that's keen to share his joy

Keane is a Shiba mix who came to ARK four years ago, and though you would never guess it from seeing him in action, he is a senior dog. He’s the epitome of the expression “cute as a button” and his habit of skipping with ...

A shy cat who's worth getting to know

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! May 18, 2020

A shy cat who's worth getting to know

Ten-year-old Namuru came to ARK many years ago as one of six cats taken in when their owner became ill. Namuru is much like the shy girl at a school dance, a flower, but, yes, standing by the wall. Even after all these years, or ...

Rapi gets the conversation started in her new home

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! May 11, 2020

Rapi gets the conversation started in her new home

The gorgeous black-and-white Rapide was first featured in Adopt Me! in December 2017, and she has now found a home with the Sugiura family of Yokohama. The Sugiuras had initially fostered Rapi (who has also had a name change) and then decided to adopt her. “My ...

Bernard the dog is a lovable 'goofball'

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! May 4, 2020

Bernard the dog is a lovable 'goofball'

Bernard is a handsome young fellow who arrived at ARK with his four siblings three years ago. The pups had been born to a stray mother in Yamaguchi Prefecture and were only a month old at the time of arrival. Despite being a lovely dog, ...

A bold look for a great cat

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! Apr 27, 2020

A bold look for a great cat

Nisshi is a 5-year-old cat who came to ARK when he was only a month old. He was featured once before in this column in late 2016, however he's unfortunately still in the shelter. It's a mystery because Nisshi is such a beautiful and sweet ...

Valiant is his name, valiant is his character

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! Apr 20, 2020

Valiant is his name, valiant is his character

Valiant is just like his name: handsome, affectionate and energetic. He came to ARK four years ago when he was just a month old and, unfortunately, he's been there ever since. When he first arrived at the shelter, he had been brought in with ...

You can always give an old dog new digs

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! Apr 4, 2020

You can always give an old dog new digs

Pickles, who had been featured in Adopt Me! twice before — most recently two years ago — has at long last found a home. She was adopted by Yukio Matano and his wife, Ikuko. The Matanos, who lost their previous dog three years ago, were ...

A port of call for a new friendship

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! Mar 30, 2020

A port of call for a new friendship

"Peaches and cream" is how one would describe Kenzo, a stunning beauty with eyes that are a rare pale green. Kenzo had been found wandering the streets alone as a wee kitten and was brought to ARK. He’s now 5-years-old and really wants — ...

An old dog makes for a solid companion

Our Lives | ADOPT ME! Mar 25, 2020

An old dog makes for a solid companion

Chibikoro arrived at ARK some 13 years ago when he was just a young pup. He’d been rescued from a place in Tokushima where dogs lived and bred at will with no real human contact. Sadly, this quiet, gentle dog is still at the ...