Using content from The Japan Times 日本語はこちら
All use of The Japan Times, The Japan Times Weekly, The Japan Times on Sunday, The Japan Times ST and The Japan Times Online content (text, photos, graphics, videos) requires the permission of The Japan Times and/or specific wire services and writers.
For permission to use our content, please complete the request form.
Reproduction fees will vary according to the content you wish to use
Use of text/photos by The Japan Times staff
Rights to all content produced in-house (text, photos, graphics, videos) belong to The Japan Times. Please complete and submit the permission request form and we will get back to you with the required fee.
Use of text/photos by wire services/contributing writers
Rights to content (text, photos, graphics, videos) provided by columnists, freelance writers or wire services, belong to those specific sources. To use these materials you must obtain permission from them and from The Japan Times. Please complete and submit the permission request form and we will get back to you with the required fee.
CONDITIONS OF USE
- You are permitted to use our content only for the specific purpose for which you obtained permission.
- Please indicate clearly that the content was originally published in The Japan Times publication and specify when, e.g, “This story (or a version of this story) was originally published in The Japan Times on Nov. 25, 2010.”
- If you are reproducing our content online, please make sure you clearly state that you have obtained permission from The Japan Times to do so.
- Any modifications of the content shall not subvert the intent, context or meaning of the original. Any major modifications require the consent of The Japan Times.
- Please send us a copy of the publication.
- The Japan Times will not be liable for any damages caused from the re-use of our content.
For other inquiries about using The Japan Times content, please contact The Japan Times Intellectual Property Management Division.
Phone: 050-3646-1790 FAX: 03-3346-9804
E-mail: [email protected]