Chinese New Year's Day, Jan. 25, according to the lunar calendar. Various events are scheduled during the festival period.
● Jan. 24 from -noon: Countdown in Yamashitacho Park
● Jan. 25 3 p.m.- 8 p.m. Shishimai (lion dance) in the town
● Jan. 26 from 4 p.m.: Parade of people in Chinese traditional attire
● Feb. 1 & Feb. 2
1 p.m.- 5 p.m. Many Chinese performing arts demonstration in
● Feb. 8 1 p.m.-7 p.m. Lantern festival in Yamashitacho Park
Location: Chinatown, Yokohama, Kanagawa
(1) Tokyu Toyoko Line or Yokohama Minatomirai Line to Motomachi-Chukagai Sta., and then walk 1 min. (2) JR Keihin Tohoku or Negishi Line to Ishikawacho Sta.(North Exit), and then walk 5 min.
Festival information compiled in cooperation with the Tourist Information Center of the Japan National Tourist Organization. (Shin-Tokyo Bldg. 1F, 3-3-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; (03) 3201-3331). Open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily.