Summer Festival. Various events including Toro-nagashi, Kotto Ichi (antique fair), and an exhibition of ice sculpture are scheduled during the festival period. The highlight of this festival is a parade of local performing arts and folk dancing held at three sites.
Schedule & Key events:
● daily 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Kotto Ichi around Shinobazu Pond
● July 16 from 1:50 p.m.: Exhibition of ice sculpture in Panda Hiroba
in front of JR Okachimachi Sta. (South Exit)
● July 17 from 7 p.m.: Toro-nagashi in the precinct of Bentendo
● July 20 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Parade on the concourse of JR Ueno sta.
3 p.m.-8 p.m. Parade around Suijo Ongakudo
5:30 p.m.-8:45 p.m. Parade on Chuo-dori Street
● July 21 & 27 from 4 p.m.: & from 5 p.m.: Street performance in Bentendo Temple
Location: Shinobazu Pond and others, Taito-ku, Tokyo
JR Yamanote Line, Tokyo Metro Ginza or Hibiya Line to Ueno Sta. (G16, H17), and then walk 2 min.
Festival information compiled in cooperation with the Tourist Information Center of the Japan National Tourist Organization. (Shin-Tokyo Bldg. 1F, 3-3-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; (03) 3201-3331). Open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily.