The ad at the top of the episode was paid for and sponsored by Democrats Abroad Japan, a volunteer organization to help Americans overseas register to vote. They are having their primary right now and you can cast a remote ballot until March 10, 2020 at democratsabroad.org/primary
- COVID-19 crisis could get much worse (Brad Glosserman, The Japan Times)
- Abe to hasten legal preparations for declaring state of emergency over COVID-19 (Satoshi Sugiyama, The Japan Times)
- ‘What should I do?’: Japanese mothers struggle to cope after virus shut schools (Mari Yamaguchi, AP)
- With the coronavirus canceling classes, what are English teachers to do? (Patrick St. Michel, The Japan Times)
- Abe uses news conference to battle criticism — and coronavirus (Satoshi Sugiyama, The Japan Times)
- ‘Just Cancel it!’ trending hard as coronavirus gets Olympic push from ’88 anime ‘Akira’ (Bloomberg)
- How far can Japan go to curb the coronavirus outbreak? Not as far as you may think (Tomohiro Osaki, The Japan Times)
Photo by AP/Jae C. Hong
Special delivery! Hear all about it!
Sign up to be notified when we drop a new episode of the Deep Dive podcast.
No spam. Just the good stuff.