We take a look back at the first week of Olympic madness in Tokyo.
From the opening ceremony to Naomi Osaka and Simon Biles’ shock exits, it’s been a busy week at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- Biracial representation, game soundtracks and shiny pecs: bright moments at a somber Olympic opening (Patrick St. Michel, The Japan Times)
- The Japan Times’ coverage of the Olympic Games
- Osaka exits Games as Tokyo hits record coronavirus cases (The Japan Times)
- U.S. gymnast Simone Biles out of next Tokyo event, sharpening focus on mental health at Games (The Japan Times)
- Japanese surfer Kanoa Igarashi earns silver as Amuro Tsuzuki takes bronze on stormy day in Chiba (Oscar Boyd, The Japan Times)
On this episode:
Subscribe to the show and sign up to the Deep Dive mailing list to be notified when we return. Get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Support the show! Rate us, review us and share this episode with a friend if you’ve enjoyed it. Follow us on Twitter, and give us feedback.
This episode of Deep Dive may be supported by advertising based on your location. Advertising is sourced by Audioboom and is not affiliated with The Japan Times.
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.