The Nippon Badminton Association on Tuesday named Kenta Nishimoto as its latest shuttler to have visited an illegal casino.
According to the association, Nishimoto, who plays for the Japan A team, said he went to a casino twice in February and March last year, but claims he did not bet.
The 21-year-old Chuo University student has been issued a warning and removed from the team, the association said.
World No. 2 Kento Momota was suspended indefinitely for frequenting casinos, ruling him out for this summer’s Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.