It’s now August and many of Japan’s residents are still stuck inside or outside of the country.
In May, we talked to The Japan Times’ Magdalena Osumi about Japan’s entry-ban list, which is stopping foreign residents from leaving or returning to Japan. Today, we hear an update from Magda, as some residents start to be allowed to return but many are left trapped. Hosted by Oscar Boyd.
- Japan to allow back foreign residents who left before entry ban (Magdalena Osumi, The Japan Times)
- Re-entry ban horror stories pile up in Japan’s Indian community (Megha Wadhwa, The Japan Times)
- Japan’s foreign residents are trapped — Part 1 (Deep Dive)
- Japan’s re-entry ban list (The Japan Times)
- ACCJ calls for equal treatment of non-Japanese residents hit by travel ban (Magdalena Osumi, The Japan Times)
- Japan to impose stricter re-entry procedures for travelers from four countries (Magdalena Osumi, The Japan Times)
- Stranded foreign nationals in limbo as speculation over easing Japan re-entry requirements mounts (Magdalena Osumi, The Japan Times)
Sign up to the Deep Dive mailing list and be notified every time a new episode comes out. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.