Japan is experiencing a record-breaking uptick in the number of coronavirus cases recorded nationwide. With the country entering winter, the question is, ‘How big might this wave become?’
Gearoid Reidy, a senior editor at Bloomberg, joins us to discuss whether we might see a new state of emergency and the hope provided by the recent news about vaccines.
- Tokyo reports record-breaking daily cases as capital prepares for highest alert level (Ryusei Takahashi, The Japan Times)
- COVID-19 updates (The Japan Times)
- Hokkaido raises alert level for Sapporo as virus surge continues (The Japan Times)
- 84% concerned about record coronavirus cases in Japan, poll finds (The Japan Times)
- How the Moderna and Pfizer coronavirus vaccines stack up (The Japan Times)
- Japan was expecting a coronavirus explosion. Where is it? (Gearoid Reidy)
On this episode:
Sign up to the Deep Dive mailing list and be notified every time a new episode comes out. Get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Support the show! Rate us, review us and share this episode with a friend if you’ve enjoyed it. Follow us on Twitter, and give us feedback.
This episode of Deep Dive may be supported by advertising based on your location. Advertising is sourced by Audioboom and is not affiliated with The Japan Times.