This week on Deep Dive from The Japan Times we speak with senior staff writer Jesse Johnson about Japan’s new alliance with Australia, the recent increase in defense spending and, of course, North Korea. Afterward, staff writer Gabriel Dominguez discusses in more detail the recent Communist Party Congress and how it is likely to affect Asia as a whole.
- Spate of launches raises prospect of North Korean missile with multiple nuclear warheads (Jesse Johnson, The Japan Times)
- Taiwan and looming security crises bring Japan and Australia closer together (Jesse Johnson, The Japan Times)
- More ‘red,’ more capable and focused on Taiwan: Xi cements his grip on PLA (Gabriel Dominguez, The Japan Times)
- Concerns over China bringing Japan and Australia’s relations ever closer (Gabriel Dominguez, The Japan Times)
- What would be the signs China is preparing to invade Taiwan? (Gabriel Dominguez, The Japan Times)
On this episode: