A magnitude 6.2 earthquake, which measured a weak 5 on the shindo (intensity) scale, was detected at a depth of 140 kilometers near the coast of Urakawa, Hokkaido, on Sunday at 6:55 p.m.
No tsunami warning has been issued.
- Detailed information about this earthquake from the Yahoo! Japan Weather & Disaster website
- Detailed information about this earthquake from the Japan Meteorological Agency website
- The Japan Meteorological Agency website
- An explanation of shindo, Japan's earthquake intensity scale.
- A guide to what to do before, during and after an earthquake.
- Our portal for disaster-related information