Tag - adopt-me

ADOPT ME

Wannabe has an insatiable appetite — a tasty snack coming his way will always put this pup in a good mood.
COMMUNITY / Our Lives / ADOPT ME!
Jan 15, 2024
Wannabe the Shiba wants to be yours
This dashing pup is a little nervous when meeting new people, but he’ll soon let you into his inner circle.
Just imagine these big green marbles staring up at you as you and Koto relax together on the couch after a long day.
Jan 8, 2024
Koto the cat is looking for the lap of luxury
When Koto first arrived at the shelter, she was nervous and had little interest in food. Now, she is making up for lost time.
Tomoko Hongo gives Hercules a hug. The dog came to her family malnourished but he's doing well now.
Dec 5, 2023
A happy home is better than any adventure for Hercules the dog
After arriving at the shelter malnourished and depressed, Hercules has made a fantastic recovery after finding a home with the Hongo family.
Cinnabar is an awesome puppy who is wiry and busting with energy.
Dec 5, 2023
Cinnabar the puppy is a real treat
Rescued from a home where dogs were bred to hunt boar, Cinnabar is looking for a place where he can just be a puppy.
Jatz and Biscotti are best buds and hoping to find a new home together.
Nov 27, 2023
Cats Jatz and Biscotti are the best of friends
Having arrived at the shelter as kittens, Jatz and Biscotti have become fast friends and are hoping to find a new home together.
Tora's face says, "Scratch me here, please!" Or was that his meowing?
Nov 3, 2023
Tora and Timothy are a cat and dog who love to chill
Some dogs are super hyper, but that's not Timothy. He's young and shy, but he also likes other dogs and quiet environments.
Ryoji Nagai holds Jazz the cat. The Nagais were going to get a dog when son, Yusuke, fell in love with the cat at the shelter.
Oct 22, 2023
Good looks, a loving heart and all this Jazz
Jazz, who was featured in the Adopt Me! column last year, has found a loving family to spend his life with.
One of Lily's eyes has been "dark" since she was young, but she won't have any trouble seeing the light in a new family's hearts.
Oct 15, 2023
Lily the cat will make a sweet addition to your home
A feline in her evening years, Lily is full of love and looking for a calm place to call home.
Truffle's distinctive markings may be genetic, shelter staff believe he has a bit of the Kai Ken breed in his lineage.
Oct 8, 2023
Truffle the dog's distinctive markings get heads turning
Young and a bit wary, once Truffle gets used to you he'll be your closest pal.
Both Lamington and Tim Tam are  increasingly putting more importance on playtime.
Oct 1, 2023
This pair of cats are as sweet as their names
Lamington and Tim Tam were brought into the shelter together and are hoping to stay close when they get adopted.
Oreo is a sweet dog who likes attention. He'll need a patient owner who can teach him new skills.
Sep 24, 2023
A big dog with a sweet center, that's Oreo
This canine came to Japan from the United States but his former owners had to let him go.
When night comes around, Lovely is more likely to let you give her a cuddle.
Sep 3, 2023
Lovely the cat lives up to her name
A cat named Lovely and a dog named Tillo would both make fantastic additions to the family.
Junon used to be too timid to come out from his blanket. Now he loves to get a little attention.
Aug 7, 2023
A dog, two cats and more are looking for new places to chill
A dog named Loquat and two cats named Junon and Whiskey are hoping to find new human friends to get to know.
Japan Times
Our Lives / ADOPT ME!
Jul 2, 2023
A dream pair of adorable cats awaits someone with enough love for two
Biwa and Sugarbee are likely related. Even if they aren"t, they certainly act close enough to be. They"ll keep each other company through thick and thin.
Japan Times
Our Lives / ADOPT ME!
Jun 27, 2023
Mugiko is a Shiba with 'main character' energy
This dog really loves the affections of humans. However, that also means she may do better in a home without any cats as competition.
Japan Times
Jun 18, 2023
This feline pair is learning to trust again
After being a rescued from a hoarding situation, a couple of young cats rely on each other to make sense of the world again.
Japan Times
Jun 4, 2023
Looking for a place to live, Chip the dog is finally dealt a full house
The dog joins a house of other dogs and cats, all of whom he gets along with splendidly. Sometimes, a good spirit is just hard to pass on.
Japan Times
May 27, 2023
Whether you're partial to cats of dogs, Acerola and Buzz are both great company
One cat is rescued from a hoarding situation, while a dog needs to find new digs after his owner was hospitalized. Both are ready to play.
Japan Times
May 7, 2023
Beau the cat has someone to catch the game with
Toshimi Kasai and Beau the cat, having both lost loved ones, are perhaps the perfect pair for each other.
Japan Times
Apr 30, 2023
Put some spring in your step with a new forever friend to share your home
Found wandering the streets, Calabash wasn"t wary of people like most dogs who come to the shelter. He"ll be your best friend if you let him.

Longform

A statue of "Dragon Ball" character Goku stands outside the offices of Bandai Namco in Tokyo. The figure is now as recognizable as such characters as Mickey Mouse and Spider-Man.
Akira Toriyama's gift to the world