• SHARE

Filters from extinguished cigarettes were the leading object in cases of accidental swallowing among children in 1996 at eight hospitals, the Health and Ministry reported Tuesday.

A 1996 survey of 17 medical institutions, including the hospitals, found that of the total number of hospital cases involving children being exposed to hazardous products, 3,395, or 48%, involved cigarettes, according to the ministry.

In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.

SUBSCRIBE NOW