Why does everyone wear masks in Japan, and where did the practice start?
- The history behind Japan’s love of face masks (Alex Martin, The Japan Times)
- Masks helped keep Japan’s COVID-19 death toll low, says expert panel (Bloomberg, The Japan Times)
- Face masks in a pandemic: From ‘useless’ to ‘indispensable’ (AFP-Jiji, The Japan Times)
- Japanese shoppers queue and crash website for Uniqlo’s washable masks (The Japan Times)
- Thick, small, bulky: ‘Abenomasks’ arrive in Tokyo mailboxes (The Japan Times)
- ‘It may save your life’: Facing coronavirus surge, more U.S. states mandate masks (The Japan Times)
- Seven in 10 back mandatory use of masks in shops in England, poll finds (The Guardian)
- Follow Deep Dive on Twitter
Sign up to the Deep Dive mailing list and be notified every time a new episode comes out. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.