We take a look back at the second week of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Gianmarco Tamberi and Mutaz Barshim share a gold medal in the high jump, skateboarding is dominated by more incredible Japanese teenagers, and it continues to be incredibly hot at these Olympic Games.
- The Japan Times’ coverage of the Olympic Games
- Japan’s summer heat an Olympic challenge for competing athletes (The Japan Times)
- The man behind the Olympic ‘anti-sex’ beds speaks out (Dan Orlowitz, The Japan Times)
- Japan wins two more medals in skateboarding as Sakura Yosozumi takes gold (Oscar Boyd, The Japan Times)
- Shot-putter’s gesture renews controversy over podium protests at Tokyo Games (The Japan Times)
- Belarusian Olympic sprinter receives humanitarian visa from Poland (Magdalena Osumi, The Japan Times)
On this episode:
Subscribe to the show and sign up to the Deep Dive mailing list to be notified when we return. Get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Support the show! Rate us, review us and share this episode with a friend if you’ve enjoyed it. Follow us on Twitter, and give us feedback.
This episode of Deep Dive may be supported by advertising based on your location. Advertising is sourced by Audioboom and is not affiliated with The Japan Times.
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.