Incumbent Yuriko Koike won 59 percent of the vote in this Sunday’s election for governor of Tokyo, catapulting her into her second term as governor of the world’s largest city.
- Episode 54: Yuriko Koike and the race for Tokyo governor (Deep Dive)
- Koike cruises to win in Tokyo governor race, vowing to continue fight against virus (Ryusei Takahashi, The Japan Times)
- Koike’s Tokyo win may be springboard back into national politics (Ryusei Takahashi, The Japan Times)
- Opposition laments failure to unite after Koike wins big in Tokyo election (Kyodo)
- Koike urged to take lead in raising women’s representation in politics (Toma Mochizuki, Kyodo)
- Japan to ease coronavirus rules and allow events up to 5,000 people (Kyodo)
- Emergency warnings issued for Gifu and Nagano as torrential rain lashes central Japan (Kyodo)
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.