- Cabinet Office to release preliminary composite indexes of economic indicators for September.
- Bank of Japan to release summary of opinions from Oct. 28-29 Policy Board meeting.
- SoftBank Group Corp. to release earnings for 1st half through September. In the quarter ended in June, SoftBank Group posted ¥1.26 trillion in net profit, up 11.9% from the same quarter last year, as it sold assets to strengthen its financial standing.
- Cabinet Office to release monthly "economy watchers" survey for October.
- Finance Ministry to release preliminary balance of payments statistics for September.
- Microsoft Corp.'s new Xbox console to be released.
- Ticket refund process for postponed Tokyo Olympics to begin. Ticket holders unable to attend next year's delayed Summer Games will be able to apply for refunds until Nov. 30. Refund applications for the Paralympics will be accepted from Dec. 1 to 21.
- Cabinet Office to release machinery orders for September.
- Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 5 console to be released.
- Nissan Motor Co. to release earnings for first half through September. Nissan, among other major automakers, reported losses in the April-June period due to the novel coronavirus after seeing its first full-year red ink in 11 years for the previous business year ended in March.
- NTT Docomo Inc., KDDI Corp., SoftBank Corp. to release iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 mini smartphone models.
- Men's World Cup table tennis competition to be held in Weihai, China, through Nov. 15.
- NASA to launch SpaceX craft with Japanese astronaut Soichi Noguchi, three other astronauts aboard. The spacecraft the U.S. space agency will launch was developed by private company SpaceX.
- Tochigi gubernatorial election to be held.
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.