• Kyodo

  • SHARE

More than 2 million people have used Japan’s travel subsidy campaign since it kicked off in July in a bid to revive a domestic tourism industry hit hard by the novel coronavirus pandemic, the nation’s top government spokesperson said Monday.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said there had been 10 reported cases of infections at hotels and other lodging facilities registered with the Go To Travel campaign, which was launched on July 22.

In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

PHOTO GALLERY (CLICK TO ENLARGE)