- Finance Ministry to release customs-cleared trade statistics for June, first half.
- Bank of Japan to release minutes of June 15-16 Policy Board meeting.
- Seven convenience store chains to release sales data for June.
- Universal Studios Japan to fully reopen after monthlong partial reopening for Osaka residents.
- Internal Affairs and Communications Ministry to release consumer price index for June.
- Tokyo District Court to hold first hearing in trial of singer-songwriter Noriyuki Makihara, who was charged in March with drug possession.
- Tokyo High Court to hold first hearing in appeal of Yuri Funato, who received eight years in prison last year for parental neglect that led to the death of 5-year-old daughter Yua.
- Government to launch Go To Travel subsidy campaign to revive domestic tourism.
- Marine Day national holiday.
- Tokyo to mark a year before launch of postponed 2020 Olympics.
- Sports Day national holiday.
- No major events.
- Survivors, kin to mark four years since massacre of mentally disabled care home residents in Sagamihara, Kanagawa Prefecture.
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.