The week ahead for July 6-12
- Keidanren Chairman Hiroaki Nakanishi to hold news conference.
- Memorial ceremonies to be held for deadly 2018 rain disaster that killed over 200 in western Japan.
- Internal Affairs and Communications Ministry to release average household spending data for May.
- Cabinet Office to release preliminary composite indexes of economic indicators for May.
- Tokiwaso Manga Museum to open in Tokyo featuring restored apartment used by Osamu Tezuka.
- House of Representatives Security Committee to met to discuss scrapped plans for Aegis Ashore missile defense system.
- Cabinet Office to release monthly “economy watchers” survey for June.
- Finance Ministry to release preliminary balance of payments statistics for May.
- Tokyo Shoko Research to release corporate bankruptcy data for June.
- Cabinet Office to release machinery orders data for May.
- Tokyo District Court to rule on former SoftBank Corp. employee charged in February with industrial espionage involving Russia.
- New National Theatre in Tokyo to resume shows.
- Bank of Japan to release quarterly Sakura Report on regional economies after branch managers meeting.
- Uniqlo operator Fast Retailing to report earnings for the nine months through May.
- Japan’s professional baseball and the soccer leagues to start allowing speculators into games.
- Kagoshima gubernatorial election.