- Massive throne used in imperial rite to be displayed in Tokyo and Kyoto
- Japan enthronement-related bill rises 30% from last ceremony despite government cost-cutting
- With Emperor Naruhito's enthronement, traditional styles adapt to changing times
- Deeper than tradition: Japan's enthronement illustrates an evolving imperial house
- Enthronement spectacle: Snow-capped Fuji and rainbow make surprise appearances
- Emperor Naruhito's remarks at enthronement ceremony
- Japan's new imperial couple to visit Grand Shrines of Ise and ancestors' mausoleums later this year
- Emperor Naruhito completes enthronement in ceremony rich with history and ritual
LATEST NATIONAL STORIES
- G20 foreign ministers, including South Korea's Kang Kyung-wha, gather in Nagoya for Japan's last ...
- Foreign ministers from the Group of 20 major economies gathered in Nagoya on Friday, where they were set to discuss free trade, sustainable development and how to best assist rapidly growing eco...
- Japan must do more to fix China's image problem: Xi
- In a statement likely to annoy some in Japan ahead of his visit planned for next spring, Chinese President Xi Jinping blamed the unpopularity of his country on Japanese bias and prejudice. ...
- GSOMIA survives as South Korea reverses decision to exit intel pact with Japan
- In a dramatic last-minute about-face, the South Korean presidential office announced Friday that it will reverse course on its earlier decision to end a key intelligence-sharing pact with Japan ...