• Kyodo

  • SHARE

Toyota Motor Corp. and Mazda Motor Corp. are considering integrating their automobile sales loan businesses in a deeper capital tie-up to cut costs amid the shrinking domestic market, sources close to the matter said Tuesday.

Toyota Finance Corp. will enter talks to obtain a 51 percent stake in SMM Auto Finance Inc. from Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. and Cedyna Financial Corp., both group firms of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc., the sources said. The remaining 49 percent is owned by Mazda.

Unable to view this article?

This could be due to a conflict with your ad-blocking or security software.

Please add japantimes.co.jp and piano.io to your list of allowed sites.

If this does not resolve the issue or you are unable to add the domains to your allowlist, please see out this support page.

We humbly apologize for the inconvenience.

In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

PHOTO GALLERY (CLICK TO ENLARGE)