• Staff Report, Kyodo

  • SHARE

North Korea could seek to charge a handful of foreign reporters $10,000 each for a visa to cover live the planned dismantlement of its Punggye-ri nuclear test site, reports said Monday.

North Korea said earlier this month that it will publicly dismantle the Punggye-ri site, where it conducted all six of its nuclear tests, between Wednesday and Friday, inviting journalists from Britain, China, South Korea, Russia and the United States to observe the event at a planned ceremony. It was unclear why journalists from Japan were not invited while media representatives from all other members of the now-defunct six-party talks on denuclearization — plus Britain — were.

In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

PHOTO GALLERY (CLICK TO ENLARGE)