• Kyodo

  • SHARE

The start of construction for a Japanese-financed subway in the Philippines’ urban metropolis of Manila could be pushed back to as far as December next year, a Philippine official said Tuesday.

The Philippine government had said previously that construction of the 355 billion peso (about $7 billion) project would start by the first quarter of 2018, meaning it would be delayed by around nine months.

In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.

SUBSCRIBE NOW