HAGATNA, GUAM – The trial of a 21-year-old Guam man accused of killing three Japanese tourists and wounding 11 other people in a car and knife rampage earlier this year will resume next week, a court spokesman said.
Joshua Tenorio, spokesman for the Judiciary of Guam, said Judge Anita Sukola, who is handling the trial of Chad De Soto over the Feb. 12 incident, has set the next session for Wednesday. De Soto last appeared in court in May.
De Soto has pleaded not guilty to multiple counts of aggravated murder and attempted aggravated murder, citing a mental disorder.
Tenorio said the upcoming session will deal with the defense motion seeking a copy of the transcript of the proceedings of the grand jury that indicted De Soto.
He also said the court has yet to decide on the defense’s request for an expert witness to assess the result of a psychiatric evaluation done on De Soto.
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.