• SHARE

GIFU (Kyodo) An elderly couple were found dead Saturday in their home in Gifu City from what appeared to be another case of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a gas-powered water heater, police said.

The couple had been using the water heater, made more than 10 years ago by Paloma Industries Ltd., without the attached extractor fan plugged in because the fan was broken, they said. Hot water was found running from it when their bodies were found.

In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.

SUBSCRIBE NOW