Here’s a look at the 14 main issues selected by Japan’s Strategic Economic Council for potential policies to effect a full-scale economic recovery within the next two years:
For immediate action
1) A quick solution to bad loan problems
2) Implementation of economic policies that will have an immediate impact
3) Greater efficiency of public works projects
1) Improvement of urban and housing conditions
2) Reinforcement of the financial system and banking sector
3) Improved information infrastructure
4) Development of environmental strategy
Long-term structural reform
1) Reform of public sectors to create a more efficient and slimmer government.
2) Reduction of local economies’ dependence on the central government
3) Fiscal system reform
4) Improvement in pension and medical services
5) Labor market reform
6) Education reform
7) Legal system reform
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.