The Japan Times is seeking a web editor for the company’s digital strategy division.
- Native English speaker with bachelor’s degree or higher
- Copy-editing experience, preferably at least two years in a newsroom
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms and SEO
- Familiar with basic web design and online strategies
- Familiar with web metrics (e.g., Google Analytics)
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment
- Strong research skills
- Deep interest/knowledge about Japan and current events
- Intermediate level Japanese
Please send your resume and a letter of at least 500 words explaining why you are interested in the position by May 7 to:
The Japan Times, Ltd., Attn:CAM Division
4-5-4 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8071
Or, please apply via this form.
*All documents are not returnable. After preliminary screening, selected candidates will be contacted and interviewed.
*Candidates must have a valid visa that allows them to work in Japan.