Japan Times contributor Dan Buyanovsky explores Japan’s growing CBD industry and whether it offers a path to the legalization of medical marijuana.
In his research, Dan discovers the long history of cannabis in Japan, talks to groups campaigning for the legalization of medical marijuana and the people selling CBD as a relaxation agent during these ever so slightly stressful times.
- Is Japan ready to embrace CBD? (Dan Buyanovsky, The Japan Times)
- Cannabis — The fabric of Japan (Jon Mitchell, The Japan Times)
- Japan’s First Lady Touts Revival of Hemp Culture (The Wall Street Journal)
- Green Zone Japan
- Japanese Magenese — “Real Stoner” (YouTube)
- Mega-G and Dogma — “High Brand” (YouTube)
- Man in battle against cancer leads Japanese fight for medical use of marijuana (Tomoko Otake, The Japan Times)
- Japan sees record 4,300 cannabis offenders in 2019 (The Japan Times)
- Five U.S. states pass legal marijuana measures (Bloomberg via The Japan Times)
On this episode:
Sign up to the Deep Dive mailing list and be notified every time a new episode comes out. Get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Support the show! Rate us, review us and share this episode with a friend if you’ve enjoyed it. Follow us on Twitter, and give us feedback.
This episode of Deep Dive may be supported by advertising based on your location. Advertising is sourced by Audioboom and is not affiliated with The Japan Times.