On this week’s episode, Japan Times staff writer Jesse Johnson discusses what the next meeting of the U.S. and North Korea might mean for Japan, and features editor Shaun McKenna talks us through some of Japan’s biggest summer music festivals. Hosted by Oscar Boyd.
- Choice of Vietnam for next Trump-Kim summit offers something for both sides
- U.S. envoy to North Korea warns of ‘Asia-Pacific nuclear weapons challenge’ but softens demand for list of arsenal
- Amid Russia probe and North Korea maneuvering, could a Trump-Kim deal leave Japan in the lurch?
- Declaring an end to the Korean War: A possible — and controversial — next step in denuclearization talks
- Could appealing to Trump’s ego be key to solving the North Korean nuclear crisis? Moon and Kim think so.
- Second Kim-Trump summit could lay groundwork for arms control talks — and de facto nuclear state recognition
- ‘A matchless political dwarf’: North Korea’s state media spews venom at Japan amid thaw with U.S.
- Fuji Rock Festival celebrates 20 years
- Chemical Brothers, The Cure and Sia among first batch of acts for Fuji Rock Festival ’19
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.