A magnitude 6.2 earthquake, which measured a 2 on the shindo (intensity) scale, was detected at a depth of 10 kilometers near Okinawa Honoshima area on Monday at 12:22 p.m.
A tsunami forecast, which refers to the possibility of a slight change in sea levels, was issued for parts of Okinawa Prefecture following the earthquake.
- Detailed information about this earthquake from the Yahoo! Japan Weather & Disaster website
- Detailed information about this earthquake from the Japan Meteorological Agency website
- The Japan Meteorological Agency website
- An explanation of shindo, Japan's earthquake intensity scale.
- A guide to what to do before, during and after an earthquake.
- Our portal for disaster-related information