• SHARE

The most recent round of normalization talks between Japan and North Korea last month in Beijing effectively broke down, and no plans have been made to hold another round, sources close to situation said Sunday.

This assessment contrasts with a statement made by a Japanese government official after the Oct. 30-31 meeting, who said that while no progress was made, the talks “did not end in rupture.”

Unable to view this article?

This could be due to a conflict with your ad-blocking or security software.

Please add japantimes.co.jp and piano.io to your list of allowed sites.

If this does not resolve the issue or you are unable to add the domains to your allowlist, please see out this support page.

We humbly apologize for the inconvenience.

In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.

SUBSCRIBE NOW