- 84% of medical students and healthcare workers (smokers and nonsmokers) said cigarette packs should display photos of a smoker’s diseased lungs.
- 84% of smokers surveyed by the Hokkoku Shinbun said that they would not quit smoking even if the price of cigarettes is raised in October.
- 65% of people surveyed by Net Asia Research said that they have a Mixi account, whereas only 4% said they have one on Facebook.
- 42% of a male survey group told iShare.com they would want to eat sushi if it was offered tabehodai (all you can eat) style, while 36% would choose yakiniku (grilled meat and vegetables), and 5% would eat pizza or pasta.
- 20% of married women polled by OZmall said that they dine out with their husbands more than once a week.
In line with the nationwide state of emergency declared on April 16, the government is strongly requesting that residents stay at home whenever possible and refrain from visiting bars, restaurants, music venues and other public spaces.