Happy Holidays to all Japan Times readers.

There are sure to be, among all you merry-makers, a few last-minute shoppers. Perhaps a sake accouterment would be perfect for that one last gift. In this, the last Nihonshu column of the year, century and millennium, let's look at a few of the sake toys and tools around town.

On top of being the holiday season, it is also the cold season. And nothing cures that like warmed sake. We all know that perhaps 90 percent of all good sake should be served cold, but for that remaining 10 percent -- and those less discerning readers -- the right serving temperature is paramount. That too varies with preferences, but could be said to be about 40-48 C.