Emperor Naruhito became Japan’s 126th emperor at an enthronement ceremony on Oct. 22, 2019. Japan Times politics reporter Sakura Murakami joins Oscar Boyd to discuss.
Take The Japan Times’ podcast survey and help make Deep Dive better: http://jtimes.jp/dd
- Deep Dive podcast on the abdication of Emperor-Emeritus Akihito
- Sakura Murakami’s article on Emperor Naruhito’s enthronement
- Sakura Murakami’s background explainer on the enthronement ceremony
- Official video of the enthronement ceremony
- Sakura Murakami on Twitter
- Oscar Boyd on Twitter
- Deep Dive on Twitter
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.