Norovirus was detected in customers of a Tokyo Prince Hotel restaurant in Minato Ward and in people who ate lunch boxes prepared by an arm of renowned sukiyaki restaurant chain operator Ningyocho Imahan Co., the Tokyo Metropolitan Government reported.
Of the total 76 people who dined Dec. 12 at the hotel’s buffet restaurant Porto, 13 developed norovirus symptoms such as diarrhea and vomiting, the metropolitan government said Friday.
In addition, 35 people reported suffering norovirus symptoms after consuming “bento” lunch boxes delivered to seven locations in Tokyo on Dec. 18 by Ningyocho Imahan Foods Plant K.K., the metro government said.
Local authorities ordered the hotel restaurant and the food factory to suspend operations for three days starting Friday.
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.