• Kyodo

  • SHARE

A 58-year-old taxi driver in Nobeoka, Miyazaki Prefecture, died of multiple organ failure Saturday after eating poisonous mushrooms, police said.

The man cooked and consumed the poisonous toadstools Thursday evening, police said. He had gathered them on Mount Mukabaki.

He came down with severe nausea and diarrhea and was taken to a hospital, where he died, the police said.

In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.

SUBSCRIBE NOW