A male patient in his 70s has died from blood poisoning after being infected with intestinal bacteria at a hospital in Bunkyo Ward, Tokyo, hospital officials said Tuesday.
Six other patients at Nippon Medical School Hospital were also infected with intestinal bacteria last month, most likely while receiving intravenous drips, the officials said.
Unable to view this article?
This could be due to a conflict with your ad-blocking or security software.
Please add japantimes.co.jp and piano.io to your list of allowed sites.
If this does not resolve the issue or you are unable to add the domains to your allowlist, please see out this support page.
We humbly apologize for the inconvenience.