- 98% of surveyed parents have at least heard of Internet filtering, though only 32.8% have actually used it.
- 96% of 2channel users view the site from home.
- 96% of Aichi Prefecture residents feel uneasy about food safety, up 12 percent from 2007.
- 74% of nationwide survey respondents have not secured large furniture or appliances in preparation of earthquakes.
- 74% of salarymen accept the “inevitability” of getting fired in light of the current recession.
- 69% of Internet users say they subscribe to shopping-related “mail magazines” (newsletters), followed by travel/leisure-related mail.
- 66% of gamers aged between 25 and 34 said “Dragon Quest” is the game title they immediately associate with the RPG genre.
- 63% of Japanese put a nameplate outside their places of residence.
- 55% of survey respondents say they don’t go see movies at theaters because it’s a hassle.
- 42% of office ladies surveyed in Tokyo said they’ve felt that they are taking the masculine role in relationships.
- 42％ of survey respondents created their New Year’s greeting cards on computers.
- 39% of surveyed office workers think cost-cutting measures have had an adverse affect on motivation.
- 34% of women say they don’t want a lover who is in debt.
- 33% of game users bought 5-9 video games last year.
- 32% of people surveyed nationwide are not paying into a pension plan.
- 27% of surveyed salarymen believe are optimistic about their company’s future; 24.2% are pessimistic.
- 25% of people shopping in department food sections are attracted to the smell of burning meat, followed by bread and curry.
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.