Work with us
The Japan Times is hiring an editor for its Editorial Planning Department.
The position requires a native English speaker with a keen eye for detail and the ability to meet strict deadlines under pressure. This person will be part of a team working on sponsored materials written by both native and non-native speakers. Experience an asset.
Editors are responsible for:
- the style and content of the publication
- fact check
- making sure that the production process runs smoothly
- making sure that publications are printed on time
- liaising with the advertising and production departments
Editors should have:
- excellent grammar and spelling skills
- an eye for detail and be very accurate in their work
- good IT skills, including knowledge of word processing
- communication and interpersonal skills
Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview and short editing test.
Location: The Japan Times Tokyo Office (Chiyoda Ward)
Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (flexible)