Tokyo, March. 14, 2014 – The Japan Times, Ltd. is pleased to announce that as of March, the Blu-ray version of its digital archive, which includes every issue of the newspaper published between 1897 and 2012, is being sold with a complementary Web-based version of the same archive.
Since going on sale in 2013, the Blu-ray-based Japan Times Archives, which represented the first time that all past issues of the newspaper had been digitized, has proven popular with libraries and educational institutions.
Now, institutions that purchase the Blu-ray version will also receive access to a Web-version of the same archive. With the option of making this Web-based version available to their respective users, institutions will find that the usability and manageability of The Japan Times Archives are greatly improved.
Details of “The Japan Times Archives”
- Content: Digital, searchable scans of all pages published in The Japan Times (in all its variously named incarnations) between 1897 and 2012
- Format: Blu-ray and a Web-based archive
- System requirements for Web-based version: 1024×768 pixels or 1280×1024 pixels
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8.x, 9.x, 10.x; Google Chrome 33.x; Mozilla Firefox 27.x
- Macintosh: Safari 6.0.5
- For further details, see http://jtimes.jp/de
*Please note that this product is designed for institutions and not individuals.
Press Enquiries：Corporate Communications Div. Japan Times, Tel: +81 3 3453 5312;
General Enquiries：Intellectual Property Management Div. Japan Times, Tel: +81 3 3452 7050