Since Feb. 4, the Diamond Princess cruise ship has been quarantined in Yokohama Bay due to passengers being diagnosed with coronavirus COVID-19. Japan Times staff reporter Ryusei Takahashi has talked to passengers about their experiences on the ship. Hosted by Oscar Boyd.
Note: At 13:15 we discuss a story by the New York Post about two passengers who had wine delivered by done. It turned out to be a hoax.
- Coronavirus Outbreak Updates live blog (The Japan Times)
- 44 more on Diamond Princess cruise ship test positive for COVID-19 (The Japan Times)
- Cabin fever on the Diamond Princess: Inside the virus-hit cruise ship off Japan (Ryusei Takahashi, The Japan Times)
- Japan faces COVID-19 test kit shortage as infections on ship rise (Magdalena Osumi, The Japan Times)
- Questions raised over protective gear as Japan quarantine officer gets COVID-19 (The Japan Times)
- Episode 37: Japan and the new coronavirus — what we know so far