- Crown Prince Akishino and Crown Princess Kiko to mark 30th wedding anniversary.
- Nissan Motor to hold regular shareholders’ meeting.
- Internal Affairs and Communications Ministry to release unemployment rate for May.
- Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry to release ratio of job offers to job seekers for May.
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry to release preliminary industrial production index for May.
- Japan Tourism Agency to release statistical survey on lodging and travel for May.
- Tokyo District Court to hand down ruling in Tokyo resident’s lawsuit over forced sterilization under now-defunct eugenics law.
- Bank of Japan to release June tankan business sentiment survey.
- Cabinet Office to release survey on consumer trends for June.
- Japan Automobiles Dealers Association to release domestic auto sales for June.
- Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea to reopen after four-month shutdown for coronavirus pandemic.
- First city ordinance specifying criminal penalties for hate speech to take force in Kawasaki.
- Plastic bag fees become mandatory at all supermarkets and other retailers across Japan.
- National Tax Agency to release annual survey of roadside land prices.
- Amended law on dangerous driving to take effect.
- Tokyo holds gubernatorial election. Tokyoites will decide whether to keep Gov. Yuriko Koike for a second four-year term or elect one of 21 other candidates to represent the capital’s 14 million residents.
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.