- Finance Ministry to release preliminary balance of payments statistics for July.
- Cabinet Office to release first revision of gross domestic product data for April-June quarter.
- Cabinet Office to release monthly “economy watchers” survey for August.
- Japanese men’s soccer team play their Group F game against Myanmar in the second round of Asian qualifying for the 2022 World Cup in Doha.
- The Blue Samurai, who were eliminated in the round of 16 at last year’s tournament in Russia, will aim to win a World Cup berth for the seventh consecutive time.
- Kosovo President Hashim Thaci to start five-day visit to Japan.
- Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to reshuffle Cabinet and leadership team of Liberal Democratic Party.
- The Naha branch of the Fukuoka High Court to rule on appeals by state and residents near U.S. Kadena Air Base in Okinawa against lower court decision that awarded about ¥30.2 billion to the residents over military installation noise.
- Crown Princess Kiko, wife of Crown Prince Akishino and mother of Prince Hisahito, to turn 53.
- H2-B rocket carrying cargo vessel to International Space Station to be launched from Tanegashima Space Center.
- Cabinet Office to release machinery orders data for July.
- Tokyo Game Show to be held in Chiba Prefecture through Sept. 15.
- Hotel Okura Co. to open new main building of its flagship hotel in Tokyo, four years after demolishing old building, which had been much admired by architecture fans.
- Supreme Court to rule on appeal by fishermen at Isahaya Bay in Nagasaki Prefecture on high court decision that backed central government’s claim that floodgates of dike should remain closed.
- Japan Olympic Museum to open in Tokyo.
- Princess Kako, daughter of Crown Prince Akishino and Crown Princess Kiko, to leave Japan on official visit to Austria and Hungary.