Mobile phone carrier NTT Docomo Inc. on Wednesday restarted accepting orders for a new smartphone model made by Chinese telecommunications equipment maker Huawei Technologies Co.
Docomo had previously started accepting orders for new smartphone model the P30 Pro HW-02L in May but later suspended the move to assess the impact of U.S. sanctions on Huawei.
The latest move came after industry rivals KDDI Corp. and SoftBank Corp. announced earlier this month that they will start selling Huawei phones.
“We have confirmed that customers will have no problems using the device,” Docomo said.
With the situation regarding Huawei still unpredictable, the company said it will make future decisions depending on the circumstances.
IN FIVE EASY PIECES WITH TAKE 5