• Kyodo

  • SHARE

The Chiba Municipal Board of Education said a cigarette butt turned up in rice served for lunch Monday at a public elementary school in Inage Ward.

The butt was found by a sixth-grader at Chigusadai Higashi Elementary School who ate it. The boy suffered from red eyes and a nose bleed that night but has since recovered, board officials said Thursday.

In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.

SUBSCRIBE NOW