- Japan’s travel industry has sought new ways of attracting domestic tourists amid the pandemic, but will any of these initiatives stick?
- Despite pledges to self-isolate upon arrival in Japan, up to around 300 people daily may be breaking quarantine, the health ministry and a contracted medical service firm has said.
- A new virus variant is infecting millions in India. What could its spread mean for Japan?
- More than half the respondents in a recent survey believe Japan needs to amend its Constitution to introduce an emergency clause so that it can better respond to the coronavirus pandemic and other disasters.
- Amid the pandemic, the government is moving to encourage people to relocate to less-populated regions while continuing to work for companies based in the Tokyo metropolitan area..