This podcast is part of The Japan Times’ series on the climate crisis. Read the full articles:
- Emergency on Japan’s lucky island (Jesse Chase-Lubitz and Oscar Boyd)
- Throwaway society: Rejecting a life consumed by plastic (Andrew McKirdy)
- Why aren’t more young people fighting climate change in Japan? (Ryusei Takahashi, The Japan Times)
- Living in Japan during a time of climate crisis (Jesse Chase-Lubitz, The Japan Times)
- ‘Zero Emission Tokyo Strategy’ spells out capital’s plan to take on global climate crisis (Oscar Boyd, The Japan Times)
- Episode 31: The youth climate movement in Japan is doing better than you think (Deep Dive)
- Episode 15: Japan — climate change leader or lagger? (Deep Dive)
Thank you to Trevor West for acting as our guide around Iki.
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.