Chris Broad of Abroad in Japan and Sharla of Sharmander discuss their careers as two of the most successful YouTubers in Japan. Based in northern Japan’s Tohoku region, Chris and Sharla have over 2 million subscribers across their YouTube channels. Hosted by Oscar Boyd.
Take The Japan Times’ podcast survey and help make Deep Dive better: http://jtimes.jp/dd
See more from Chris and Sharla:
- Abroad in Japan on YouTube
- Sharmander on YouTube
- Chris Broad’s Abroad in Japan podcast
- Sharla on Twitter
- Chris Broad on Twitter
More coverage of Japan’s foreign YouTuber community:
- Turning YouTube into yen: Can vloggers become the new foreign correspondents? (2017)
- Breaker helps pave a new path to stardom via YouTube (2016)
- An interview with Sharla (2015)
Thanks to Michael Estifa and Patrick St. Michel for their help with this podcast.
In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.