• SHARE

The Foreign Ministry filed an appeal Monday with the Tokyo High Court over a lower court ruling that rescinded a 2001 ministry rejection of a citizen group’s request for the disclosure of documents on discretionary diplomatic funds, Foreign Minister Taro Aso said Tuesday.

Aso said that the Tokyo District Court’s decision last month was “extremely regrettable, as it rejected the state’s argument that documents related to the funds are basically not to be disclosed.”

In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever.
By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.

SUBSCRIBE NOW